lend a helping hand
If you’ve come to this page, you are about to make a huge difference in the lives of homeless cats! Here’s a few reasons why you’ll want to join our team:
*Volunteering with a local group allows you to see the direct impact of your hardwork
*Make new friends and network with like-minded individuals
*Get experience in the animal care field
*Have fun interacting with cats & kittens
*You’re guaranteed to get a feeling of accomplishment and joy knowing that you are changing the world, one cat at a time, no matter what capacity you choose to volunteer
Not sure how you can help? See below for a list of volunteer possibilities.
We can’t do it without you
Foster Homes Needed
Since FFCR does not have a brick and mortar shelter, we rely on local foster homes to be able to save more cats. We do our best to match you with the type of cat that would be suitable for your home based on your application. To be a foster, you must:
*Be 21 years or older and head of household
*Have a separate area to isolate the cat(s) for a minimum of 2 weeks (if other pets in the household)
*Be able to transport the cat to/from vet visits or adoption events (in some cases, transportation can be arranged)
*Follow the protocols and procedures in the FFCR Volunteer Handbook, and take direction from a FFCR Team Member regarding the care of the foster cat(s)
*Have the appropriate time needed to provide the proper care and socialization of the cat(s)
home sweet foster home
How to Foster
If you’ve never fostered before, no worries! You’ll receive a guide to fostering and have FFCR Team Leaders ready to help you every step of the way.
We will provide all the needed supplies:
- Litter box
- Litter scooper
- Scratching pads
- Toys (when available)
- Bottle of Rescue disinfectant for cleaning
***if fostering young kittens or bottle babies, you will receive additional supplies (formula, bottles, warmers, etc)
If you already have some and/or all of these supplies, or would like to provide your own, please let us know so that we can direct our resources to another foster home.
want to help, but not sure how?
- Foster parent: The temporary home for our rescued cats. Foster parents are expected to evaluate the personality and monitor the health (and treat when necessary) of their foster cat(s). Minimum commitment is 2 weeks, but every cat is different and may require a longer period to get adopted.
- Adoption Center volunteer: Assists with cleaning our adoption center in Homer Glen, as well as socializing the cats that live in the center.
- Adoption counselor: In charge of approving applicants and facilitating the adoption itself – including going through the adoption contract and setting expectations for the new adopter.
- Social media assistant: Helps create content for a variety of social media platforms.
- Transporter: Assists with the logistics of picking up cats from animal controls, to/from vet visits, to/from adoption events, to/from other volunteers’ residences, picking up donations, and more!
- Graphic designer: Assists in creating professional-looking, artistic designs for our flyers, handouts, social media posts and brochures.
- Grant writer: Helps match funders with projects they want to support. Grants can offer an opportunity to obtain significant monetary support.
- Fundraiser: There are many ways to help as a fundraiser: hosting a fundraiser event, supplying ideas to raise money or actively campaigning for sponsors.
- Marketing: Brings attention to our rescue through press releases, print and online media outlets, e-mail newsletters, etc.
- Public relations: Fields customer concerns and complaints in a professional, thoughtful manner.
- Event planners: Organizes fun and interesting events to help raise funds and grow our supporters.
- Pet store relations: Works to establish partnerships with local pet stores to obtain food/supply donations and/or to host adoption events
- Data base assistant: Enter and maintain internal/medical records
Adoption Event - Kriser's Natural Pet Naperville
WHERE: Kriser’s Natural Pet @
8 W Gartner Rd Naperville, IL 60540
TBA - Adoption Event
All Day Coming soon to a local pet store near you!